Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Tuesday 25 April 2017

FMP - Pre Production

Moodboard

For pre-production planning of my magazine I used photoshop to create a moodboard, which showed images/themes similar to those I'd like to present in my Magazine, as well as fonts, styles and colours. I chose a lot of old 80's and 90's styles because I really like the common design conventions, colours and fashion of that era. It can be seen below:


Magazine Plan

I sketched out a quick a plan of pages for my magazine, however when I looked back at it I realised that the number of pages was uneven so if this magazine were to be printed out it would not go together properly and would be unorganised. For this reason I created a flatplan to list what each page of the magazine will feature. To do this I signed up to a free trial on a website called Blinkplan, which allowed me to create a simple plan. Each representation of the page below states what will be shown on each page.
I made a flatplan because it helped me organise my magazine and see how everything would be laid out. It also acted as a checklist for each page for me.

Advertisement Test Shoot



As part of the pre-production for my FMP, I did a test shoot for the magazine advert I'm planning to make in order to promote the product. I shot Aiden in front of the green screen so that I could key out the background and make it a solid colour as I plan to do with the real advert. I had Aiden pretend to hold and read the magazine, as in the advert I plan to use small sections of video and heavily edit them with colours, repetition and shapes. It will rely heavily on post production editing.

What went well with this test shoot was the initial idea of shooting on a green screen, as it enabled me to have footage of an isolated subject which I can go on to heavily edit and time to music.

What didn't go so well which I need to improve on when I shoot the real thing is the lighting and green screen. As you can see from the video, it's quite glitchy and scruffy, as the green screen had folds in and wasn't lit properly, so there was more than one colour to key out. For the final advert I want the footage to be clean and professional.

Other than that I think that this test shoot went well and I'm confident to shoot the real advertisement.

Storyboard

To plan my magazine advertisement, I drew up a storyboard to plan out how it was going to look and get down each shot I had in mind. Because most of it is going to be title and graphic based, I drew down how I wanted it to look on screen and annotated colours that I was going to use and how the text would look (bold, large etc). Along with this I wrote a short description of each shot, and what transition to use (if needed) to the left of the frame. After this I decided to type up a shot list for further information on shots when needed.

Shot list

For the shot list I listed all of the shots which would be shot on camera (therefore excluding all graphics such as titles & animations). I listed the shot type, angle (if applicable) and a description of what was happening. This was essentially just to organise all of the shots which I needed so I could list off when I shot them and be reminded of what to shoot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment