Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Monday 3 April 2017

FMP - 35mm Film Experimentation

Due to the fact that my magazine will be primarily photo based, I decided to test out film photography as an alternative to digital. I used some very cheap film from poundland to shoot with (AFGA Vista Plus) and I got my film processed and put onto a CD at boots for just under £10. I used the Canon EOS 300 film camera to shoot on and took it around with me for a week shooting anything that I thought would look good.

These are some of the best photos I got, unedited and edited:







I decided from this to use some film photography in my magazine. It really stands out and has a raw style and colour type that really stands out and can't be achieved in the same way with digital phot

ography. It's quite a costly alternative to digital, which is why I'll only be using it for some photos. Using film photography for some images in my magazine will really help it stand out and furthermore give off the style which I'm trying to acheive in this project. Additionally, having a limited amount of photos really helped me think about what I'm shooting as opposed to mindlessly snapping hundreds of photographs.



No comments:

Post a Comment