Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Saturday 22 April 2017

FMP - Text Experimentation

To find out how to present text in my project I created these three sample titles and paragraphs in photoshop. I used a generic common font - Helvetica. Here are the three images I created:






Firstly, I thought that all lowercase looks informal in a paragraph but very effective and visually appealing as a title.

The capitalised text looked good in long passages but not as good as a title, although as a subheading would be fairly effective.

Lastly I thought that the all caps text was an eyesore and didn't look good in a paragraph at all. As a title it's not too bad but I prefer lowercase.

From this experimentation I have concluded that when I compile my magazine I will use lowercase text and maybe some all caps text for titles, as this is the most visually appealing way to present it, and I will use regular capitalised text for passages of text.

No comments:

Post a Comment