Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Thursday 8 December 2016

Copyright & Release

When creating my report, I plan to use snippets of audio and maybe some background music, as well as a musical ident. These things will need to be sourced, which raises the issue of copyright. The three most common types of copyright are:
  • Creative Commons - This is a license where a copyrighted work is enabled to be used/distributed for free. Its used when an author wants to give people the right to share, use, and build upon a work that they have created.
  • Royalty Free - Can use the material/intellectual property without paying royalties or license fees
  • Fair Use - Where content is used to criticise or comment on
For my project, I'm going to source my material from various places online, dependent on what it is. Because it's a factual news report, I'll use some audio snippets related to the news that will be reported on, which I should be able to find on YouTube. These snippets will be fair use as they're only short extracts being commented on.

For background music and the ident, I will use royalty free/creative commons music which can be sourced from a range of websites online:
https://creativecommons.org/about/program-areas/arts-culture/arts-culture-resources/music-communities/


I aim to make the ident using a DAW on the college computers such as Logic Pro X or Ableton Live, which means that the content will be made by me and not at risk of copyright issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment