Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Wednesday 19 October 2016

Final Design & Evaluation




















Here are the final two posters that I made, which are a mashup of films Léon: The Professional (Léon) and E.T. For the purpose of this task I will be analysing the red one, which I made secondly, however it is my favourite.

I think that at first glance it looks like a realistic and professional film poster, and the red and black colour scheme help it to stand out and connote what the film could feature. It contains a tagline at the top, a common convention of film posters which is comedic and suggests themes of the film. It also shows a very large image of the main character to suggest to the viewer who is going to feature in the film. Because it is so large, you can see imperfections in the poster which are something I can improve on. The glasses and beanie that ET is wearing look scruffy which make the poster look a bit more homemade and unprofessional, as they were drawn with a marquee tool on photoshop. Another thing that the poster could improve of is the blank background, as ET is on a gradient but nothing else so the poster looks bland. This is what others suggested for improvement too, and one peer said that I could add some buildings in the background. One other good thing about the poster is the production credits which I added myself, which make the poster look legitimate and add some life to the poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment