Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Tuesday 28 March 2017

FMP - Experimentation With ISO

During experimentation of my FMP I also tested the ISO settings to see what photographs are like when this is adjusted. I tried to keep the image looking the same so I could see what the ISO does. Here are the images I took:
As you can see from my test shoots, a small ISO provides a crisp, smooth image whereas a higher one gives a lot of grain. Additionally, the higher the ISO, the more sensitive the sensor is to light. From this test shoot I concluded that at most times I will use a low ISO to ensure minimal grain, however when I want grain for style reasons or in an emergency to let in more light, I'll use a higher ISO.
Image comparing ISO 100 (Left) and 6400 (Right)

No comments:

Post a Comment