Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Tuesday 14 March 2017

Creating a Brand/Logo

In Steve's lesson we had to create our own brand/logo in our sketchbooks and using the computers. We were originally told to create a mindmap showing what we're passionate about, what makes us unique, and what our strengths are. Then we had to create a short 6 word sentence describing what we do, to help us identify ourselves as a brand. 

Next we started drawing. We first started by creating a logo without taking the pen off the paper. I came up with some simple logos using my initials, and a visual logo featuring someone looking through a camera. I settled on the visual one because it looked better than initials in my opinion and stood out as a logo. 


After this we moved onto the computers and had to create a logo using Adobe Illustrator only using the Helvetica type family. I played around with strokes and effects and in the end came up with this logo which I thought looked impressive. I chose primary colours because they're bold and stand out.


Lastly we moved back to the sketchbooks and had to make a logo which had no text. I decided on the idea of a silhouette in front of a computer to connote post production and design work, then tried to further evaluate my idea and created a logo with a minimalistic figure in front of a camera, whose head acted as the camera lens.

Overall I thought that this task was helpful in me developing my drawing skills and presenting myself as a brand or company.

No comments:

Post a Comment