Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Tuesday 21 March 2017

FMP - Experimentation with Aperture

To experiment with camera settings for my project I tested different apertures on the camera using a 50mm lens with an minimum f-stop of 1.8. This lens can give a very shallow depth of field. As the aperture increases numerically the depth of field gets deeper. This image below shows the different apertures I tested.


I concluded from this that a small aperture like f1.8 makes the background very blurred and soft, bringing focus to the foreground. This looks better for portraits in my opinion. With a large aperture like f22 the background and foreground are both in focus so this should be better for location photography. Below are two pictures comparing the smallest and largest aperture settings:

f-stop 1.8
f-stop 22





No comments:

Post a Comment