Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Thursday 19 January 2017

Audio Rework

Audio Rework


Although last terms project was successful, theres some ways in which I can improve it. I plan to add a video to the news broadcast to change it from just sound to sound and visuals.

I will record some new footage which introduces the broadcast with a reporter, but will overlay related visuals to most of the stories being told, so that I can still use the radio broadcasts audio. For the found footage I'm going to use I will record a wild track.

The equipment I plan to use is a green screen and a directional microphone when recording the news broadcast. Here is an example of what I'm aiming to make:



Because I'm using an external microphone I'll have to sync up the audio track with the video, so I'll clap to mark a point where to sync both tracks. An example of where I did this is the New Years Resolutions video I made last week:





Bath College News Rework


Audio Rework Evaluation


For this project we had to rework our audio project we had made in last terms lessons. Before I had made a radio broadcast, so this time I decided to make it into a news broadcast with visuals. I first planned to have a news format with my reporter in front of a greenscreen, but in the end I decided to just have my reporter in front of the college for a more casual feel (as the news service is called Bath College News). I recorded an introduction and sign off by the reporter for my broadcast on a DSLR using an external mic. The microphone I chose to use was an h4n zoom mic with an external directional mic attached. This picked up the reporters voice clearly and excluded all other noises. After this I added some images sourced from google onto the report which related to the stories being reported, to give it a more professional and news like feel.

Overall I think this task went fairly well and my piece of work improved from last term. One thing I think which went well was the introduction of the news broadcast with the reporter, as it looked proffesional and brings attention to the viewers. One thing which I would like to have done would be to add videos as well as images to the broadcast in order to make it more interesting. I enjoyed the editing the most in this project, and most importantly had fun and learnt new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment