Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Making The Blob Eat

Carrying on our task of creating a character, I had to make mine eat in this lesson. As always, I started with the same position so that this action would loop seamlessly. I also drew a slice of pizza for my character to eat.

I started off by animating the arm frame by frame into a position where it could catch the food. Then I animated the pizza as an object to fall into the blobs hand. After I had animated these first two movements I accordingly animated the blobs face to look at the pizza as it falls, by animating the position of the eyes, nose and mouth. I then carried on animating. Again, using frame by frame animation I made the blobs hand reach up to its mouth (moving the pizza along with it) and it's mouth. Once the pizza reached the mouth, I made it decrease in size and fade out.
My timeline for this animation. As you can see I used keyframes to keep things
in the same place at times.
An example of me decreasing the blacks in
the pizzas cheese colour to mimic fading out.

Making the pizza fade out proved quite tricky in Animate, so in the end I decided to make the colours get progressively blacker to mimic fading out.
Once I got to this point I needed to make the Blob return to its starting position. I did this by copying and pasting the frames I had already created and reversing them.




This is the final product:

1 comment: