Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Thursday 22 September 2016

Me in 60 Seconds

Research

Here is an example of a video filmed in widescreen:

A dramatic effect is presented by this wide format, as it has the ability to show a lot in frame, and this makes scenes appear to be dramatic. Although it looks impressive, this is a very common format of film and most videos today are filmed like this. For my project I'd like to make something different which stands out and can be viewed on both mobile and computers, so I looked at other formats and found some portrait video on Instagram:

After researching, I’ve chosen to make my film in 1:1 ratio (square) for both mobile and online viewing. This ratio will help frame faces and objects with no other distractions, forming some intimacy/connection with the viewer. One example of this format is Xavier Dolan’s “Mommy”. This square format looks unique so the video will stand out.

My video is going to be around 60 seconds long, and will be a photomation (sequence of photographs) with titles and colours/editing added. As I won't be narrating it with my voice, I'll use text to narrate the video.

It will consist of some skateboarding, certain music/films I like, my friends and family, pets, travel and photos I've taken. As I want it to represent me, I will be shooting the video in and around my house.

For the sound, I will record some of my own effects but also use royalty free sounds which I'll source online from websites like freesound.org and freesfx.co.uk. In order to not face copyright issues, I'll use this song from soundcloud, which is royalty free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment