Apatosaurus Brontosaurus Dinosaur -->

Tuesday 7 February 2017

Updating my CV

When I rewrote my CV I changed a few things recommended by Helen from the futures hub who helped us in lesson with our CV's.
Firstly I took away my age as I learned this doesn't need to be specified on your CV. Next I made my personal statement shorter as this is what Helen gave me as feedback, as well as telling me that the statement should be specified to the job I'm applying to. For this reason I left my personal statement short as I can always add to it when specifying it to a job.
Something I amended to my CV due to feedback were dates to go with my education and past employment which makes it look more professional in my opinion. I also shortened my GCSE section because of feedback as before I had listed all my subjects and the grades I got in them.
The most noticeable thing I changed was the layout of my CV. I made the body of the text 11pt (as recommended by Helen) and the titles 14pt. I also changed the alignment, spacing and boldness of the text to make it neater overall and look clearer on the page. This will make it easier to read for a possible employer and they'll be less likely to bin it.

Link to Old CV
Link to New CV

No comments:

Post a Comment